Old 02-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Maura

I'm a reflexologist, so I am coming from that direction. Have someone massage your hand, using a drop of olive oil to reduce friction. His thumbs should be on the back of your hand, his fingers doing little rotations on the palm. Then, his fingertips should stroke the palm, wrist to knuckles. This should be relaxing. Next he should make circles on the pad below the thumb. Press with index finger and thumb between your index finger and thumb in the fatty area. It may hurt- a little pain is alright, don't get carried away. The pressure can be constant, or he can press and let go several times.

Still with me. Have him use his thumb and index finger to stroke between the long bones on the backside of the hand (one finger on back of hand, other on palm). He should now be able to crack your knuckles easily as he lightly twists your fingers a little.

He then runs a finger or thumb on the underside of your arm from your wrist (near thumb) along the bone about half way up the forearm. You'll find sore spots. He should massage your forearm.

Stretch your hands, opening them up and closing them several times. Next, massage from the base of the skull to the center of the upper back. With all of this done, lie on the floor facing the ceiling. Put your arms out so you resemble the letter "t". Bring arms straight up so the hands meet. Drop back into the t. Do this twenty times.