View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

OK, Deecee it is then - good to have you aboard. I am sure the USers will be able to advise you on a suitable background, perhaps a dark equivalent of white on white?

Candi, I am presuming that you had a handful of your intended applique fabrics with you when you went looking for your background? If you didn't then that might be the way to go, and perhaps the staff at your LQS could advise.

If not, then the other route to go might be to think where it will be going in your house, and base it on that colour scheme?

Are you struggling with the idea of a dark background? Not everyone is going to do that, for instance Elle is going to be using a lemon colour. Tell us what your problems are, and if you can, show us some of your applique fabric, and perhaps someone here might be able to suggest a suitable background.

Judy, great stuff! Well done for doing all that practice and persevering. Did you manage to see the video on Youtube on appliqueing a heart shape? I think I put it on the previous page. That just might help you get the sharper point you are after. I think you need to watch the second part.

Edit: Here is the link: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-103014-1.htm