View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Ahhh I remember my grandma's quilts when I was a child. She took scraps of our old dresses and made something majical from them. A blanket with beautiful sunbonnet sues and stars and blocks that if you stared at them, they became stories and the patterns danced in my head until I learned myself from a checked out library video in davenport iowa.

The first book I ever bought was an Elenore Burns log cabin book. A quilt in a day! You tore the fabric strips and sewed them together. That was b.c. (before cutters)They weren't invented yet. Ha ha ha ... But, being a person who loves family history and tradition. I knew I could do it! And I could.

The first one was a pink and blue floral log cabin, a gift for my best friend's birthday. A queen sized , log cabin in a feilds and furrows setting. As promised by elenore, it was sewn into a top in a day. Then I used the small pink floral as a backing, added the batting and tied hundreds of pink and blue little embrodry thread knots. a labor of love, but oh was I proud to present it to her, on her special day. And she still has it to this day.