Old 01-20-2009, 11:23 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I agree with the purging completely. I did that with all my craft magazines six years ago. I then sold the bulging apple box full to a lady at a garage sale. Five bucks, she was thrilled. And so was I. I took four three ring binders and put the pages into lovely order. I haven't made one thing from them, but, by golly I still have my favorites. LoL!
I used to subscribe to a couple quilting magazines. But now, I just buy the ones off the rack I want.

I am starting the row of the month, mystery quilt from McCall's 2007. It is called, "Hearts all a flutter". I have bought the back issues I missed by not subscribing and a small mountain of fabrics that I think are close enough to copy the design they show as a finished quilt. It just pulled on my heart strings and had enough different techniques represented in the makingof it, that I thought it will hold my interest to the end. I am going to try and double up on the months so I can finish work on two other quilts I have in started last year that are too close to the wire to stop now. Both block of the month quilts from a local quilt shop. "Sandi's Lessons from the Lake" and a green and teal blue one called, "Harvest Home" by Andover Fabrics.
All of which has nothing to do with purging .... Just finishing what I start.

I met an older lady that works at Walmart I am passing some of my craft kits on to. And I am thinking of donating some of my older quilt pattern books to the local library. (Or seinor center) But, I am collecting them into a box already.

I loved this post. I am going to keep on purging. It frees up the spirit. Don't you think?