View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 04:59 PM
jpthequilter

Originally Posted by Carron
Originally Posted by grammy17
Don't remember. Found in a children's project book. Use little starch and make a stiff mix. Put your bowl upside down and pat the mess on it--thin. Keep left over goo covered. After the first dries it may have holes and you can apply a second coat. You can dye it with food color. Gooey fun day with kids--or without them. I wouldn't use it to hold water.
Let me ask you this....could you form things with this lint and starch? I was thinking like pedals of flowers to go into the bowl that can't hold water. lol
I know that glue and bread can be mixed together and used like a clay. I guess a person could get totally consumned with a project like these. But, we all have a little kid inside us that wants to play and the bigger the mess the more fun it is!
If you mix dryer fibers with that "permanent" white glue that is not "washable out" it will make a much stronger bowl when it dries.
Yes you can make any shapes -like petals.
We used to paint the paper-mache bowls we made out of newspaper in school 60 years ago with paint and varnish. Some of them are still around - found in estate sales! LOL!
In fact, if you squeeze as much water as you can out iof the denim fibers, and then mix them with the same glue, it will make a kind of putty you can make things out of.
It will probably take longer to dry.
There are probably many recipies and projects online.