Old 02-26-2011, 05:27 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Nancy, Why do you want another Singer 15s? Don't you own a Singer 66s? I wouldn't get another Singer 15, unless it was a Japanese made one. If you are going to just use the machine for piecing or straight stitch quilting use what you already have. If I remember correctly, you own a Davis, a White, a New Home, Pfaff, and some other gorgeous machines that will all will work for you. :)
Monica you are right, I have several really nice machines, but the only treadle I have that has a true reverse and can drop its feed dogs is the 15-88. I am doing all my piecing at home on my Free treadle -- I love that machine, but, when I get to the point of putting on the borders or finishing the top, I want to use a machine that has the capability to back tack. I always backtack my borders so when I either quilt them on my long arm or do free motion the quilt won't come apart. That is the only reason I wanted to get another 15. My 66 does not have a reverse, nor does my 127, 9W, Wheeler & Wilson, Davis, Free, nor my 28. I have my motorized machines that all reverse of course, but I wanted a treadle that has that function. That is why I love my 15-88. It does it all! But, right now I have the feed dogs dropped and it is set up for FM only.

I know, you are going to say our forequilter's did it without reverse! I can stitch in place by holding the fabric back or turning the stitch down to a tiny stitch in place! LOL!~ And you are right of course! Well, I haven't made an offer on the 15-90 - so, I am obviously thinking along the same lines!

Nancy