View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 12:47 PM
candi

Great stories everyone. Thanks for sharing.

Well, I have always loved quilts,never thought it would be me quilting. I considered myself more the outdoorsy type, hiking, camping ,horseback riding,dancing and such things are things I love doing. But notice, none of the things menstioned above do I get an end product,some actual thing that I can show and touch, I only figured that out after I made my first quilt.
So anyway, we were at a work contract in Boise ID for three monnths Sep-Dec 2007. It was a little cold, and I was driving home from work first week we got there, and I saw a banner saying: Beginner Quiltmaking classes, iregister inside. Wellm being who I am, I went in and asked the lady behind the counter "I can't sew and don't have a sewing machine, can I still sign up", she said "OH yes, we love your type", well, the rest is history.
I just bought my first sewing machine couple months back, and satarted a second quilt. I love this board for all the help and fun. I use the ternet and books for prosedures. But that class Ii took, really taught me most of the basics that I can now build on.