View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 07:32 PM
candi

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Candi, I am presuming that you had a handful of your intended applique fabrics with you when you went looking for your background? If you didn't then that might be the way to go, and perhaps the staff at your LQS could advise.

If not, then the other route to go might be to think where it will be going in your house, and base it on that colour scheme?

Are you struggling with the idea of a dark background? Not everyone is going to do that, for instance Elle is going to be using a lemon colour. Tell us what your problems are, and if you can, show us some of your applique fabric, and perhaps someone here might be able to suggest a suitable background.
Lesley, you are very nice.
I don't have a large stash to start with..and definitely not many FQs..but I do have a couple that I want to use in this quilt and some other yardage. I do know that I want it to be in fall palette since most of my house (except my sewing room, lol) is done with fall colors. I was thinking about a chocolate background, but didn't find the "one" that called my name...I am also considering a golden background.. but again nothing called my name.

I should clarify that I do fuss over planning quilts, so ya'll don't feel bad for me, lol, it is my favorite part and I try to stretch it to the limit. As I finish the projects I have going here, I will take a serious LQS shop hop around here and I am sure something will inspire me.

Hey, at least I have a theme!

:mrgreen: