View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 01:26 PM
KGoodhand

I love hearing all these stories!!
My story is that I have always loved looking at quilts and thought how amazing it was that someone put that much time and effort into it and made something absolutely beautiful!!!
When I had my two daughters (8 & 5) I knew I wanted to do something special. I too do the cross stitch thing and love it too!! But I was looking at a magazine and it had a memory quilt in it. I had saved some of my girls pyjamas from the time they were born till their first birthday ( and anything really special to them from then on) and decided I was going to learn how to quilt to make them a quilt out of their pyjamas! Little did I know at that point how addictive this craft is!!! I took my first class two years ago this month! A log cabin table runner!! I loved it!! So now I still have the girls pyjamas and stuff but I am doing other stuff first! I tell my husband that I have to get 'better' at quilting before I tackle working on the girls quilts!! I have always told myself that I am not giving myself a time limit for their quilts!! I figure they will probably be wedding gifts!
So now I am just enjoying and learning what I can from classes at my LQS and from this wonderful board!!! Thanks for all your help everyone!!!
Kendra :D :D