Old 02-27-2011, 06:33 AM
sherriequilts

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by pkary
Not to waste my money by buying more material than I need for the intended project. A) I almost never actually make what I bought the material for in the first place and B) it turns out I love to make scrappy quilts! What would I do without all those left over pieces!
My worst advice was to listen to the quilt shop when they told me I had enough fabric (over $150 worth) to make a three colored block quilt and right at this minute I am almost out of one fabric and running low on the other two, which I cannot find anywhere. It was my feeliing to buy more and have room for leftovers and mistakes, but no, I listened to her. This quilt was to be a super king size with 48 - 12" blocks. 6 across/8 down. It was all planned out. I have 21 blocks done and now am running around like a chicken with my head cut off, hoping I can find the fabric or decide how to fix it with other colors in the same color scheme to go with it. Drats! Edie
Can you post photos of your fabric here? Maybe someone can help you out? All the best with your search.