Old 02-27-2011, 09:20 AM
PKITTY1

The worst advice I got recently was from an employee at a quilt shop. A quilt shop was offering a BOM for a Baltimore Album quilt which is something I have always wanted to do. I called and the person I talked to advised me that since I had not done a Baltimore album before that maybe I would be less frustrated if I did a simpler project which I did not like. She also told that I might want to do the project by machine instead of hand applique. This project, for me, wasn't about finishing each month but about the process of making a Baltimore Album with hand applique. It distressed me to think that the person I spoke to did not take the time to determine what I wanted before offering her advice. I bought the BOM in question from an online quilt shop instead. I got the blocks cheaper, they come to my mailbox, and I don't have to drive forty miles out of my way to deal with this "helpful" person who didn't know me or my abilities. Unfortunately, this quilt shop also lost all the money I would have spent there after I got there as well as the BOM fees.