View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 09:23 AM
virtualbernie

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by butterflywing
at the hampton roads quilt show i saw the new martinelli slotted ruler. it has many slots, a lot like the june taylor one, it's measured off in 1/2's and it's made the same way as the one that only has one slot. it doesn't slide around and - are you sitting down? - it costs $89.99 at the show and will cost $119.99 online plus s/h when they get it there. it is brand new. at the shows they sell the small mat, the rotary cutter and the old slotted ruler for the package price of $199.99. i don't know if they will offer it online.

$119.99? really?

btw, the old one that only cuts only one strip at a time is selling for a mere $49.99 at the shows instead of $69.99, which is the new full price. it almost makes you want to run out and buy the new one at $89.99, doesn't it?
for those who don't know me too well, i'm being sarcastic. in my opinion that kind of money is way too much for a ruler. i think we should learn to use what we have. there are products on the market such as invis-a-grip that will make the ruler grab the fabric.

i don't want to add anything more to my already cluttered space.
there are so many good products on the market that is i bought them all, i'd need to move out.
I use the True Grip dots--they seem to work better than the other ones and are a little flatter. The sand paper ones work well also. Certainly cheaper than spending $90!