Old 02-27-2011, 09:29 AM
klgreene

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north
WoW!! You all have a lot of wonderful suggestions. I rested it yesterday..... did dishes in hot water, massaged the hand and did flexing exercises. It feels some better this morning. The joint right next to my wrist is always tender and if I knit it will get so sore that I can hardly move it. So, something is going on in there. I probably will check with a chiropractor or my medical dr. Thanks you guys..... you all always have great suggestions for what to do.
That is where I jammed it. So there is always the posibility yours is slightly jammed. I was also told to put ice, not heat on it. Ice reduces swelling, heat may loosen muscles but then makes it swell. You could do the 20 min. heat to loosen, then 20 min ice. and repeat that a couple times. I only do that if my back muscles are really bad. I usually just ice.

Someone and I can't remember who said that their hand tingles. That's probably carpal tunnel, and the vitamins someone else posted work very well. As well as using a wrist splint. I actually slept with one for two years so that I didn't bend my wrist at night, and now I very seldom have the problem. I still do, but I"ll do anything to keep from getting another surgery. And taking any meds if I can get away with it.