Old 02-27-2011, 09:36 AM
BoJangles

[quote JaneK]
HI, I was wondering how the emblem is missing, too, the spot where it should be is there, I can see the outline. Hmmmm. Are these machines easy to time? Just wondering, cuz the owner said it isn't making stitches although motor & neeedlebar are moving. She thought timing was off. Is it something I can do myself?
Thanks,
Jane[/quote]

Jane, while doing some research on the FW face plate, I came across this information.

The one thing that has always been a problem with FW's is the machine tightening or locking up -skipping stitches - not sewing properly. This is because the machine is so little it has no sloppy clearances or loose fittings -- the machine is just built too well. A piece of thread behind the bobbin case has no where to go and can easily bind the machine. A tip, remember to always stop the machine with the thread take up lever in the high position . . . . to keep the thread from tangling in the bobbin area. If the lever is anywhere but up, the mechanism is forming a stitch and the thread can become loose in the rotary hook.

So you that are having trouble with the FW's stitch, you need to get a flashlight and really do some checking for thread broken in the bobbin area from the top and underneath.

Nancy