View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 AM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by ShirlinAZ
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Be sure and label the quilts as to their history. Your kids will appreciate that somewhere down the line! These are gorgeous.
I made sure to get all the info from the ladies daughter, as I want to make sure people who knew her or her family will see it at the fair and now it was her work that inspired me to create the quilt!
I like your EQ design but find the border a little over powering. I'd recommend a more subtle border, maybe a light colored small flower print. In the 70s we "set" fabric paint by pressing with a cloth soaked in vinegar. If they are painted with fabric paint you probably won't have a problem. Any other kind of paint (and it could be) and all bets are off. The blocks are beautiful. Good luck.
The EQ design does not really do it justice, because I had to use the colors in their pallette and the flowers in their applique selection. MY flower blocks are very bold, bright and vivid, a pastel color for the sashing would fade away and make the blocks look like bold blobs...I tried that...
as for the appliqued border, it was the best I could do in EQ, but I am leaning towards some sort of floral print. However, when I took the blocks to the quilt shop, NOTHING worked! It was all way too busy and totally distracted from the floral blocks. They competed too much!

Going to try and play in EQ and get an attic window setting done and see how that looks. Attic window quilts generally do not need a big border to finish them off.