View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Deanie

Your story was sad to me. It brought back so many memories about me going through my grandmother's things after she passed away. She didn't have my love for quilting, but she had a lot of pretty things she had collected over the years, especially dishes. I was her only grandchild, so I inherited it all. I have 4 grandaughters, 3 in the state of Utah, and one here with me in Ohio. She does start quilting projects, but she never finishes them. She will be 20 years old in March, my husband and I adopted her when she was a baby. She works and goes to college full time, so she doesn't have much time for sewing. She and my daughter-in-law will be the ones going through my stash of fabric, a lot I inherited from a friend when she passed away, she was the one who taught me to quilt and the love of it. I often wonder why her daughter sent it all to me. Boxes of it arrived from the state of Washington. I had a ball going through it all. I wish I would find a yard sale like that. I would have a ball. I have been married to my dear husband 43 years, and over the years he has helped me plan my quilts and choose the colors. He always encourages me to make all that I want. I have given a lot away. I make one for every pastor who comes to our church to be our pastor. Deanie