Old 02-27-2011, 10:51 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Wouldn't you want one with a treadle? Seems to me it would be more work switching the heads out then changing the foot. Or are you looking for a treadle too?
Monica, I have been thinking about this and yes, it is more work switching the heads out then changing the foot. But, there is more to change than the foot. When I am FW quilting it is a process, not done in one sitting, so the machine is set up with a quilt on it, with the correct thread upper and lower, the hopping foot, the feed dogs lowered. I could change the foot, change the thread, raise the feed dogs, remove the quilt that I am working on, set it up for regular stitching with regular thread, back tack my borders, then put everything back for me to finish the quilt that I was FW quilting. It seems easier to just get another 15-88 or 66 with reverse, or do what Billy says and turn the quilt I am piecing around to sew back over the first stitching on my Free. Aren't we all pretty lazy!!!!!!!!!LOL

I'd rather have two machines set up. Geeze, I am lazy! OR maybe, I just want an excuse to get another machine!

Nancy