Thread: My Treasures
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 10:51 AM
MissM

Originally Posted by MissM
These are quilt blocks that were done by my mother, that after she passed away 6 years ago went by the wayside into the hands of a cousin, who finally came forward and gave them to me. Needless to say, this brought tears to my eyes, as I recognized the feed sack material that my mom used to make these blocks with. In addition to the 20 blocks, there are some uncut feed sack material as well as a box full of cut material that she had not yet pieced.
One member posted that my pics were not very clear, and suggested new batteries. I took that suggestion and also turned off my flash so I turned it off and I think these are also much clearer.

Someone also asked if this material really came from feed sacks. The answer is yes. My mom used to raise baby chicks. She used to order her baby chicks through the Henry Fields catalog and the baby chicks would be delivered to us by the mailman. I just loved spring, the baby chicks were so soft and wonderful.

:D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-127499.jpe   attachment-127500.jpe   attachment-127501.jpe   attachment-127502.jpe   attachment-127779.jpe  

attachment-127849.jpe   attachment-127850.jpe   attachment-127930.jpe