Old 02-27-2011, 11:56 AM
tomilu

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I just got my tenth sewing machine. For some reason I thought it was a Husky. I just took another look at it and it just says Dressmaker. I have no idea of what I have. Anyone care to take a guess. It has a round disk on it that says super cam. The disk moves and looks like something is missing. It has two dials for dec stitching. It has 54 stitches plus bh. It is a metal case and on the back there is two spool pins and a place the looks like it would hold three round bobbins. The spool on the very top has broken loose and the cords have electric tape to hold them together. The motor sounds great but the needle bar does not go up and down. If I move the balance wheel the needle bar moves freely. Kathie
Kathie, if no one here recognizes this machine, you may not get an answer. I tried doing a search and came up with conflicting information.

One site says it was only made in the 50's and 60's in Japan and not available anymore. Another site shows it for sale at Target. Another site said the Dressmaker was one of the last machines to be made with all metal gears - so a very reliable machine? Don't know about the cams, but if it is a 50's 60 machine, it could definitely use cams.

Nancy
The only ones I've seen have all been made in Japan and have been very reliable machines with all metal gears, real 40 pounders.