View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Pam B

We are using ours to help pay for our daughter's wedding in June. Would love to also buy new furniture but will wait till after the wedding when she and her dog move out. Maybe next year I will put our refund towards my new sewing machine (gift to me after our youngest graduates college next year.)

And, to those of you who rarely get a refund...we have been down that road before...and got slammed with a tax bill of over 6000 one year that included penalties because we hadn't realized throughout the year that we were making too much. From that point on, we have adjusted our with-holdings from our full-time jobs to the max. I would much rather get the refund back rather than have to come up with a large sum in the spring.

Most years we have used our refund to pay down dept or for those things that always seem to crop up out of nowhere...new tires, engine over-haul, etc. It just happens that this is the year of 'the wedding' for us...I have been paying for everything as we go along for it. All that is left is to pay the caterer, the cake, and the flowers. Our refund will not quite cover it all...but it certainly will help.