View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by SewinSue
I am down to the last 2 rows of my DWR quilt which was cut with the die from my Accuquilt GO! I now am wondering if I should leave the outside edges with the circles or add contrasting fabric to make it a rectangle shaped quilt. I realize the binding would be easier with the rectangle shape but I don't always go with easy. IF I go with the rectangle shape, how do I cut the outside edges? Is there a pattern or do I just lay it on a fabric and cut one? It will go to a long arm quilter for quilting.
Opinions please and how to both will be appreciated. Thanks much, Sue
Can't really help you on making the quilt rectangular if you decided to go that route.

As far as leaving the edge as it is or making the quilt rectangular, that depends on whether you like the scalloped edges. I say go for it because I think the scalloped edge looks a lot nicer on a DWR quilt and you won't have to spend extra time and fabric trying to make it into a rectangular quilt (but that's just my opinion and you don't have to follow). I've never done a scalloped edge myself so I can't give you much advice on that, but I know you'll want to go with bias binding because bias has a little more give and you'll need that to get your binding over those curves.