Old 02-27-2011, 03:05 PM
CoyoteQuilts

Originally Posted by DonnaB
My husband and I are both eligible to chose a new health plan, we are both turning 65. I don't like my retirement plan, for over 65. I've listened to a salesman about an HMO Secure Horizon thru United Health Care. Anyone else in this plan, likes and dislikes? With the little amount we go to drs. we don't mind a co-pay, and most of our current drs. are members of Secure Horizon.
Here in AZ Secure Horizon doesn't cover the 'extras' very well. This HMO take the place of Medicare...... Being in the medical field and taken care of a person with MS that has Secure Horizon you will only get good coverage when you go to the places that accept it HERE in AZ.... If you travel you may not have coverage.... When I get to the age for this decision I am going with Medicare with a supplemental insurance. The HMO Secure Horizon is NOT the supplemental that they say it is. You will still have to pay the 20% that they don't cover. Think about one hospital stay------DH had open heart surgery unexpected 2 years ago and it was $250,000 for 5 days.....

Good luck on your decision.