Old 02-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Maybe1day

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Mine was from a quiltstore owner who disagreed with my fabric choice. She told me it was going to be ugly and I allowed her to pick a different fabric. I ended up giving the top away because it was not what I had in mind at all. It taught me to follow my instinct even when "the experts" disagree. Colors and patterns are very personal in today's quilting and we do not always need to follow cookie-cutter samples.
Gosh can I relate to this story - I was in a quilt store a few years ago and a new quilter was selecting fabrics for a beginners class, well the store owner was just dreadful in that everything the lady in question picked out the owner would be scathing about and tell her how ugly it was going to look. I was absolutely horrified and wouldn't be surprised at all if that poor woman never took to quilting after her ordeal. Some people just shouldn't be quilt store owners and if they are then they shouldn't be advising people in this manner as we all know beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Maybe1day