View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Debra Mc

I made my first quilt when I was in high school. I tacked it. I wasn't pleased. I have sewed since I was 6 years old making doll & Barbie clothes. My dear beloved grandmother taught me to knit at about 7. Don't remember her sewing that much when I was there but we always got some cute doll or clothes & knitted Barbie clothes. My mother had been making quilt tops & crossing stitching lots of pictures but she got real sick a few years ago and gave me all of her quilting stash, patterns & the like. I retired 5 years ago in April so I have almost lots of time on my hands. I saw a quilt throw at Dillard's Dept. Store & thought I could make that. It was in my son's favorite college colors & theme. So that is where it started. I have made close to 25 quilts the past couple of years. Have 5 that need quilting. Just got the material to make youngest grandson a big boy quilt. They all (5) got baby quilts. Got an embroidery machine this past year in Nov & now I'm going to incorporate that into quilting.