View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 04:20 PM
DogHouseMom

I started my first landscape quilt, which will be two intertwined palm trees on a beach. It's a wedding gift for freinds who will be married in October on the beach in Jamaica, and we're going as the witnesses.

Thanks to RedGarnet - she had Nancy Ziemans landscape quilting book and DVD for sale here on QB. When I bought it, I had no idea I would need it right away! I figured ... someday.

Well someday came when I couldn't get the fabric I wanted which would have allowed me to just bat it, back it and quilt the design. Noooooooo .... I have to make my own.

So, I got the muslin the other day, sorted through my batiks, picked up a few more where I needed additional colors (mostly blues), and started work on it this morning.

Been making waves all day. Already ran out of one glue stick and I only bought two!!

So ... do they look like waves?

I'm also thinking that since there are so many pieces in the waves that I'll sew these down now with like colored thread, then when I'm done with the top I'll quilt waves onto it. What do you think??

Close up of some of the waves
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158070[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-154733.jpe   attachment-158065.jpe