View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 05:20 PM
aborning

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
I had decided to get a mid-arm. I went to a quilt show to try the Tin Lizzie and HQ16. I had tried TL about a month prior at a different quilt show and loved her. A bunch of research later, I went to the quilt show yesterday, asked all my questions, and did a lot of quilting on the machine. TL was like butter. I have done very little non-strippling free motion quilting, since it's difficult on my machine, and on the first try on TL, I did a flower with leaves, clouds, my name, straight horizontal and vertical lines, and various other designs that looked pretty dang good. I absolutely fell in love with her, slept on it, and just made the purchase today! I'm getting the metal frame, which is ridiculous for how easy it is to advance the quilt (touch 3 places and turn the crank... that's it) and $1500 off for the show special (so $9K + tax). OMG, I'm so excited!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
I'm happy for you. I bought a new Tin Lizzie in December and am happy with it. I haven't used it a whole lot yet as I work full time away from the home--so have only quilted 6 large quilts and a table topper so far. I need to spend more time practicing yet to perfect more styles--but that will come with time. Good luck to you with your new machine.