View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 05:28 PM
RugosaB

I got married and moved a half mile down the road, and my dad grew up on the farm about 5 miles away, so I love this small town. But we do have a bank and we're down to one bar. The town is split down the middle by the line dividing 2 counties, but I have to tell you one thing.

About 5 years ago a family, knew the girl from high school, the guy won $100,00 from the lottery. Big news around here. Damn, if he didn't go in with 20 other peole and won again, his share was $20 million! He bought the ticket at the teeny tiny store next to his house.

I guess this town is so small we claim other peole's exciting events as our own.

I don't know why we have a bank, but it's been there since I was little, I'm 52.

I went to a department store once and a guy said "If you're not a (maiden name), you should be LOL We do kind of all look alike. I have 83 first cousins on my dad's side, and they started here and are well known here.

We're at the corner of the county, where it meets 2 others,so if the sheriiff comes this way patrolling, we're lucky. Which reminds me. This town is so small, that when a mother wants to teach a daughter a lesson, she tells the sheriff's office if there's anyone at this end of the county, could he help? He came, the daughter learned her lesson and hopefully when she's a doctor(she's trying for med school) she'll remember there were a lot of people who cared about her.
I'll stop now, the town's very small, but I like to write about it.