Old 02-27-2011, 06:09 PM
moonwork42029

We had been talking about getting a small embroidery machine just so I could make "pretty letters" on the purses I was doing or just for play. We looked at several of the Brother machines the past couple weeks and couldn't decide which one to get.

Brother had a great sale going on in February so I didn't want to let it pass if possible....so on Saturday morning we went into the store (again) and talked with a really super lady...my DH said to show us the machine she'd like to have and she did.

While talking, I told her the problem I had been having with my older Pfaff and she quickly told me how to take care of that problem...so actually I was ready to leave ... even without the machine but my DH was interested.

After about 20 minutes of looking at different models, he pointed to the 2800 and said we'll take that one...even before she had finished showing us what they would do. He had pretty much made up his mind I think before we got there.

Then he said, you best get some threads...so I was like a kid in the candy store and got some of this and some of that. The sales lady was surprised we got so much at first because she said most people only get a few and then don't have what they need to do a project....not us, lol.

He told her to load us up with what we needed and she was pretty conservative actually. She told us several things that we wouldn't need most likely so there was no since spending money on them...really appreciated the honesty there.

Got home and had to leave for a while but when we returned he got it all set up and couldn't wait to start a project. Without reading anything, he quickly figured out how to do a Disney Tigger on his work shirt and off he went. (He did do a practice one first).

I finally got to try it out after a couple hours but I really think he wanted it and just won't admit it. Heck, he might actually want to sew something now too.

He's a keeper for sure.

Brother innovis 2800D emb/sewing machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118425[/ATTACH]

some of the thread & stablizers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118431[/ATTACH]

rest of thread & BES Embrod lettering
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118433[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118420.jpe   attachment-118426.jpe   attachment-118428.jpe