View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Peg-TX

I have been the recipient of 2 different "quilting supplies" in the last few years so know how appreciative I was. Both came from out of no where. My DIL will get all mine. She is the quilter in the family and she has the GGD that she is teaching now. She may have to kick someone out of the house to put the longarm. Other than that, our church has a decent size group that quilts every week and I belong to a Guild and a Bee so know it will be taken care of. Quickly I'll tell a story that is very dear to my heart. My mom died 31 years ago and my dad 30 years ago. After mom passed, my oldest sister spent 2 weeks at his house taking detail inventory of EVERYTHING in the house from washrags up to jewelry. My Dad wanted no one to feel that someone got more than the others. There were 4 of us so she marked each "group" with A-B-C-D and we were given a A-B-C-D when he died and we drew. LR was A---DR was B---master bedroom was C--next bedroom was D--so on and so on. We spent the whole afternoon drawing and then we could dikker. I have never laughed so hard and had so much fun. We would not let anyone else in and it drove them crazy. It was a wonderful way to honor our parents. They had nothing of real value, but it was to them. Here's hoping you have as good time as we did when the time comes. I know mom and dad was up there laughing with us.

Sorry this is so long.

Peg-TX