View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 10:09 PM
kapatt

(((((HUG)))))

What a wonderful quilt. I love the colors you put in your Irish Chain. Don't let that old gentleman bother you. He wasn't being polite (after all, you didn't ask him his opinion but he gave it anyway).
He was talking about something that he doesn't know anything about (my Grandmother made quilts in the early 1900s and anytime she could get new material she would use it). And the old gentleman was trying to bring pain to someone else (why else would he try to tear down someone else's beautiful work?). Besides, what difference does it make to him what type of material you use (old or new)?

Why in the world would we use thread bare old worn material to make a quilt when we can use new, strong material? Now, if I can't afford to buy new material, I will gladly make a quilt with the clothes that we can't use, but there is no reason to use something older and maybe not in good condition when you can use something new.

I wouldn't have left the room either. I would have probably said..."oh well" and told him I didn't want to discuss it with him.