View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 10:31 PM
crafty_linda_b

I love the little town I live in. population of about 1,000 people. No city police, we do have CHP & sheriff. No stop light, one Mom & Pop store, 2 mexican resturants, a pizza place, one burger shop, & an Irish Pub resturant that is only open on the weekends. I had a deli & bakery and couldn't make my expenses so closed it a year ago. I live 4 miles out of town and 1/2 mile down a dirt road in the middle of an alfalfa field. I love it..Walmart is 25 miles away, LQS 30 miles. We have the elementary & high school here..the middle school 6th-8th grade kids get bussed to the next town 12 miles away. The elementary and high school kids from that town get bussed here. We do have a medical/dental clinic, bank, a hardware store, post office, one motel, a cute B&B in the old hospital building and one gas station but it's a card lock one so no attendant there, you just pay at the pump with a credit or debit card and pump your own gas. We drive into Oregon to do all our shopping. Nice thing about that is there's no sales tax in Oregon.