View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 09:45 PM
wraez

Gee, I've just been cutting up jeans that my daughters gave me, as well as some from friends including their husband's jeans....bags and bags of them! I've been cutting them into 6 1/2in and 4 1/2 in squares to get as much as I could out of them and even saving some of the pockets, logos etc to use to embellish with.

I had so many and got so tired of cutting, not to mention that my rotary cutter was getting dull, :( , and came across a clipping that I saved of a log cabin denim jean quilt and decided to just cut all the seams and bulky unuseable parts off, to save the good parts to cut down on all the 'bags and bags'. Easier to store.

Also, just posted a photo on the message thread where someone was looking for boy fabric quilting ideas, of a denim quilt I made my grandson 4 yrs ago when I was first learning to quilt. don't look too closely at my free-motion stippling!

I didn't use batting in the denim jean quilt cuz it is already heavy, and I used flannel on the back, did a fleece tie binding. Not the neatest job but my grandson didn't notice and loves his denim train quilt.