Thread: Pine Tree Quilt
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 05:22 AM
mhansen6

Originally Posted by LoriMcc
It's absolutely gorgeous! You should write down the instructions. The pine tree border really compliments the beauty of the rest of the quilt! :thumbup: Nice work! You should be very proud! :)
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. It feels good when you have worked and sweated over a project like I have with this one.

As far as the pattern goes, I used the stars from a booklet I bought called "A Star for all Seasons" Then I layed it out on Excel. (I am an accountant so Excel is the program I work in daily). I wanted to make sure the top part fit the top of the bed perfectly. Then I searched the internet for tree patterns. The trees that I call Ponderosas are just 1 1/2 inch strips of green fabric alternating with the background fabric cut on a 45% angle the a strip of bark fabric in the middle. I tried to vary the heights of the trees to look like a real forest.

I have been collecting pinecone fabric for a long time. I think the train pictures (my husband's hobby) go well with the quilt since they are all logging locomotives.

Thank you again for all the wonderful comments. It will take me another year to post again. Since I work full time it takes me about a year to finish a quilt.