Old 09-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Pam Pollock

Hi Scooter,

Did you ever get your problem solved with the needle thread breaking? I ran into some similar problems with my machine (Phaff) with a Grace frame but have learned a few tricks since. How bout you? One of the main things I found is you have to really watch the take up rail to be sure it is not rubbing on the deck of the sewing machine. If you have your table set out to 10' like I do, then it helps to support the take up rail with something in the middle (especially if you're doing a flannel queen size quilt or a heavy fabric which is when I started having those problems). I use a little plastic step stool (it's just one step) & prop up the bar in the middle so that it doesn't sag & it is the same height as the sides. I have to move the stool to the other side of my machine to support the rail when my quilting takes me out to the middle & then I can continue on. Check the runners that the wheels roll on & make sure the plastic isn't cracked. They get weakened in shipping as they are rolled to fit into boxes. This can cause the tables with wheels to rub a little & make a smooth quilting line jerky. The Grace company was very quick to help me when I had some of these problems. Hope your quilting is running smoothly by now! This is late info but maybe it will help someone else who has run into similar problems.

Pam

Pam