View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Rainforest_elf

Originally Posted by Prism99
Are you planning to hand quilt or machine quilt? That could make a difference on whether or not you want to have the quilt machine basted by a longarm professional.

Machine basting is a great idea if you are going to hand quilt. If you plan to machine quilt it yourself, it's preferable to either pin baste or spray baste the sandwich. Spray basting is fast and easy to do at home, and considerably less expensive than having the quilt machine basted. When you are machine quilting, you do not want to have to stop every few inches to pull out basting threads and/or try to pull out basting threads after you have machine quilted over them. Machine quilters usually either pin baste or spray baste.

(I liked #1 the best too.)

Mary
I'll be machine quilting it. So you think getting it binded professionally may be pointless? I remember absolutely nothing of the original quilt I made and how I got the top, batting, and backing all together aside from my aunt helping me pin everything together and then I just stiched down the blocks I had made with my sewing machine....

Boy I really need to take a quilting class.