View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:21 AM
peggymunday

Originally Posted by kiesh
Originally Posted by peggymunday
Dangerous? You're not kidding. I spend way too much time on here sometimes, reading all the posts and gaining information and inspiration. And then yesterday I happened across something called a FabShopHop. heeheehee Sometimes I think I must have an obsessive personality. After reading about what it was, a chance to win prizes just by visiting the different quilting related sites that were listed (157 online stores) and searching for a picture of a bunny and clicking on it, and registering on each for additional prizes. I was off and running. The February shop hop was ending on the 28th (tomorrow) and it was already 11pm on the 26th. So what do I do but grab my notebook and pen, making a list as I go of the sites I visited and a checkmark when I located the bunny and a note if I signed up for a newsletter or mailing list to qualify for prizes. .....some 7 hours later (around 6am the next morning - told you I might be obsessive, lol) I had found all 157 bunnies and a set of 19 cupcake patterns for foundation piecing which are saved to my computer. I knew my time was limited and decided not to stop until I had finished. It was fun and now in a few days the next one starts for March. Who knows, maybe I'll win something. Can't win if you don't try, you know? And now I have a BUNCH of shops to choose from if I'm looking for a special fabric or a great sale. I still can't believe I sat here on this computer for 7 hours looking for bunnies....
157 bunnies?? Wow! That's crazy. I looked around the site for a while, but didn't really understand. Now I know to stay far far away. Although I would like some prizes....No. I will resist!
(in the Borg voice) No, resistance is futile....lol