Old 02-28-2011, 07:27 AM
clauskr

I was just at Mother's house. She was an avid sewer and recently moved into Senior housing. She asked me if I wanted her fabrics since I just started sewing again and quilting (for first time). Of course, I jumped on it. I know what I'm doing with all the cottons (smile) but I have some questions on some of the other fabrics. She had a lot of french terry, wool blends, seersucker, cheaper flannels, polyester blends, double knit and lighter weigth tshirt knit. She also had a heavier fabric - knubby twill type fabric that she used to make shorts out of.

So what can I do with this fabric? I don't make clothes, other than nightgowns. I was hoping at the very least i could use some of fabrics like cotton/poly blends for backing fabrics. I'll use the flannels for those rag quilts. I'm sure most of it was not bought in LQS but I'll just prewash it well to prevent shrinkage. What do you think? I want to make some dog beds for local shelter but I'd love to hear some ideas of what some of these fabrics are appropriate for.

I appreciate all your comments.