View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:30 AM
DebsShelties

Originally Posted by arimuse
debssheltie, I dont believe that - business run off - I ran a business and the govt was the least of it. W/O rules and regs (which is where we're now headed) the people who are just plain crooked can simply destroy the public. Example, they can poison you like the chinese do to their own with foods tainted by chemical additives to make more profit (I had 2 cats killed by cat foods made w/ chinese imported additives). The business left the country when it became free to outsource everything from here. There are now humans on the planet who are simply fodder for businesses - work 24/7(in 16 hr shifts,) live above the factory, are locked in there, and make anywhere from 7C an hr to maybe 45$ a month in pay. Making things we once made here and had nice solid jobs doing, and could raise a family on. There is no one in the USA who can live on even what the govt states is minimum pay anymore. What do you think business would pay as wages if their werent a min pay rate? Business does not want to pay, period. Gas goes up - who pays? business doent take the hit, it doesnt even split the hit, it falls on us. The hit comes right from the top - oil doesnt not even break even in any quarter anymore, if they arent makeing 600% profit they think theyre "losing". How very sick is that?
We (hubs has $$!, I dont - hes a second hubs and everything goes to his son) went to the opening of a Fidelity investors hub on Hilton Head Island 2-3 weeks ago and everyone there was "specially invited"(read they had millions to invest),they wined and dined us all day, and I mean DINED! They were trying to get people to put their money into managed accts. The last "sale" (think timeshare here) speech made me so angry I got sick at the end and when we left threw my goody bag at a secretary and said keep it, the guy speaking should join the 21 century. He said how FIREMAN and POLICEMEN were raping investors whith their high pensions! and there was a "movement in place to take care of this" - many cops and firemen are former military guys, they can die for us doing their jobs! I knew a fireman who died trying to save a house, died for a house - what a waste. What an idiot this guy was - He went on to try and scare these people into investing by saying how terrible things were now(he did his job, after I spoke to a retiree on my way out and she was almost in tears over thinking of losing money), but "the bright side is - there are more people looking for work than jobs so wages can be lowered" LOWERED!! when everything is going thru the roof! This is why you have strong govt regs! So snakes and corporations like this cant rape and pillage the public for every drop of blood they can suck out of you. Hubs got a laugh out of the whole thing, he said it was all to scare people out of their money - just eat the food, drink the booze, listen to the band and leave. oh, and yake your money w/ you and never give it to other people to "watch over". sharet
I agree, it is pretty sick. Business found it cheaper to manufacture overseas so they moved things, that ended up with people here losing jobs, lost material goods as overseas kept part of what we sent to be processed. Now they are keeping a larger share - cotton, due to weather problems over there, and sending us less processed goods. Is that fair, no not really, unless we have plants here in the states to process our raw materials it will continue to be this way.