View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Carron

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by dilyn
It's not quilted (yet?). I made this wall (window?) hanging last year. All the fabric except for the 'flowers' are hand dyed. The flowers are left over hexagons from another quilt project. I made it to put in a specific spot in my stairwell and while trying it out there, I realized it would just fit in the stairwell window, so I tacked it up and decided not to quilt it because I liked the way the sun came thru to make it look like stained glass. I had tried several window treatments there and did not like any of them. This 'treatment' worked
Gorgeous! I sure hope it doesn't fade. Quilting fabric isn't treated with ultraviolet protection like home dec fabric is.
Fading can be a problem, however go to your local hardware store and get a roll of the window treatment that you peel and stick on the window. It cuts out as much as 98% of the ultraviolet rays. We have it on all our windows and what a difference it does make in cutting down on sun damage to carpeting, furniture, etc. Nice thing about it is that it can be removed very easily, just pull and off it comes.
Our quilt is a very nice window treatment idea!

:thumbup: