View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 09:37 AM
hatchet

Oh yea!! I have an old prescription bottle that I put all my old blades in and another for bent or broken needles and pins!
A couple of years ago I didn't lock the blade shut on my rotary cutter and I reached for something, it caught my sleeve and dropped on to the floor via my big toe!!!! It looked like something out of a horror show!! It hit a vein and I had blood spurting out like my heart was in my foot!! Imagine the horror I felt as my sweet little poodle started to lick it like candy off the floor and me trying to wrap in up to find I had gained so much weight I couldn't reach my foot so I fell over while still trying to push the dog away!! I eventually got something wrapped around it, (thank God for monkey toes!!) Got my creepy dog out of the room and rushed my self to the emergency room to find that it had stopped bleeding and only nicked the vein... Needless to say, I went on a diet and started to exercise and keep my rotary cutter closed when I'm not using it. As for the dog, well, my little guy passed away about a year later but we got puppies that never go in to the sewing room. It's not a scene I want to replay and I always wear something over my toes!!!