Old 02-28-2011, 09:45 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by donnajean
I was just responding to another posted topic about how much is too much stash. My sister died in 2001 with a 5 bedroom house as well as storage facilities filled with anything relating to quilting. Her "when I retire I will open a quilt shop" never happened as she lost her battle with colon cancer. This was pre-internet times & quilting became such an obsession that all she did was quilt & work. She became isolated from any local friends. I don't know if this would still be true if she had gotten involved with the internet connections we have today. I have met & helped so many quilters as I send her 2,500 quilt books all over the world. Sites like this QB are a blessing for the many people like my sister who do not get out & about.
I have always been pretty much a loner when it comes to sewing and quilting. None of my friends or family sew and when I start talking about quilting their eyes glaze over and they change the subject. This board has been a godsend for me. I have "met" so many wonderful people here. And have found the Quilts for Kids site and many other great outlets for my creations. I love all you guys and gals.