Old 02-28-2011, 06:30 PM
jpthequilter

Originally Posted by Buttons922
I would like to say that my cats are not allowed on the table. I made new Table runner, placemats and so proud of them. Laid them on the table to show off and I got up the other morning at 3 am, walked into the kitchen and BOTH cats are sound a sleep on my new table decorations!! So much for that blind thought.
Somehow I managed to convince my two cats that getting on the table was forbidden...and I always left it empty so they would not be temped...
I had upholstered dining room chairs though, and they would get on those, and just look, making sure there was nothing interesting in sight - and I would mostly chase them off...
After a while i realized that when i came downstairs in the morning I would hear two thumps. So I came down for a few days making a lot of noise and talking. One day, i crept quietly partway down, and there they were sleeping in the chairs. When I made a noise - thump, thump, two half asleep cats hit the floor, managing to look terribly guilty at being caught...
I laughed! because I loved them and really didn't care if they slept in the chairs! And so it went on..
they never did get over their daily guilt trip!