View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Pat G

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
When I first starting watching Eleanor Burns, her personality drove me up a wall. After I was able to get past it, I have learned sew much from her. She was here in Tulsa last year (I think) but I couldn't afford to go. Really disappointed. I was able to do a Nancy Zieman retreat a few years ago and she is fabulous. So down to earth and friendly. Very approachable.

Now Sue Houseman....grrrrr. If she would just let her *guests* talk, instead of constantly interrupting then, I might watch her more. As it is, she doesn't give me a chance to learn anything.
I've been sitting here racking my brain trying to remember Sue Houseman's name. I totally agree with you. She can't shut up or keep her hands out of the project her guest is there for. That's when I usually took a break & did something else when we still had our Sat. morn. lineup of quilt shows. They sure ruined my Saturday mornings when they changed that.
Then of course, you can't do any of the quilts that Kaye Wood does without buying her templates Starmaker 6 & 8.
Oh well, nothing can stop us from enjoying our needle & thread.