Old 03-01-2011, 07:01 AM
EagarBeez

sorry for the loss of your sister. For me, I guess you could call me a loner now. I have 2 sisters, but, they both live across the country from me. I saw one of them 2 yrs ago and the other about 6. I talk to them. I had friends back on the east coast, but, since moving across the country to where I am now. We correspond through Christmas cards. Actually, I only know where my one friend is, the others either got sick and passed on or moved. We lost touch. Both my parents have passed within the last 6 yrs. It's me and DH. We live in a rural area. No neighbors across the street. House is vacant. Woman in the Nursing home. Our neighbors across the way are young with small kids. My in-laws who have a house in the next lot from us are here during summer months. No quilting groups in our area. The closest 100 miles. I speak to people in stores and a howdy doodie to some, but, it is mainly DH and I. He watches T.V. or weather permitting will build wood furniture. I used to be more sociable, but, lost my hearing and now, have a cochlear implant which helps. People look and try to figure what the heck I have on my ear. It's fun educating them. But, no close friends. I do my quilting which I love art work and designing and then we travel once a year to visit kids and grandbabies
I have this quilting board and all you wonderful people, whom I consider to be friends. Thank you all