View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Ps 150

I'm feeling a bit "quilty" today. It's a beautiful "In like the lamb" March day, though a bit chilly, here in Upstate NY and I'm inside trying to finish quilting a baby quilt. I started to feel a bit "guilty" for not taking advantage of the fresh air but I'm sick, also, and I was explaining to the girls that they can play outside after their school (we homeschool) is done but Mommy wouldn't be out with them. I'm quite frank with them, as my Daddy was with me, and told them I felt a bit "guilty". My youngest is 6 and stroked my arm lovingly and said, "Mama, you're sick so it's ok to stay inside until your cough is better. Besides, you don't feel 'guilty', you feel 'quilty'." She's missing her two front teeth so all of the 's' were pronounced, 'th'.

I may just be having a sick, weepy, Mommy moment here, but her little front-toothless phrasing was soo cute. I don't feel half so bad, now. I'm finishing up some channel quilting and then some stippling on a baby quilt which shouldn't take long so after their outdoor play we're going to make up for lost playtime with Mommy with a girls' movie night since DH is working late tonight.