Old 03-01-2011, 09:28 AM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

Some quilters seem to enjoy quilting the bare bones way with only scissors, needle and thread, and fabric. I love new ways to do something and if I find a tool that makes the parts I don't care for easier to do then I'm thrilled.

The Simplicity bias machine is great. At first I didn't care for it but I kept using it and discovering it was always me that was messing up not the machine.
I bought the 2 1/2" tip to make the straight binding. I can make binding in minutes with no tedious pressing or keeping the binding evenly folded which was impossible for me. I cut perfect 2 1/2" strips with my Go in seconds, sew the ends together, and run through the binding machine and have perfect custom binding for a king size quilt in no time. Over and done with. I didn't like one binding I put on a large quilt and instead of wishing I hadn't used it, I made another binding and sewed it over the binding on the quilt and loved it. If I didn't have the tools to do it easy and fast I'd still not liking that binding every time I saw it and thinking I really need to make a different binding one day.