Old 03-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Wunder-Mar

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
It was made with love and thier best skills. after the show my guild put on I am very open to all sorts of piecing and quilting. I hve learned alot about both. Kind words are the first comment to make.
Exactly - find something positive to say!!! I will never forget what happened at a local quilt show. A mother was proudly selling her elementary school-aged daughter's crafts and small quilted wall hangings and overheard the criticism of the handiwork. It was awful - the critics thought the mother had done the work and just kinds went to town on the list of faults, advising people not to buy the goods. Just awful.

From a related perspective, you never know if the goods being sold were done by senior citizens, mentally challenged (stroke or retardation) individuals, or others just learning a craft or with challenges of their own. Imagine the first meal you ever cooked for someone or first ornament you made in school, which you were very proud of having finished ... and think what it would feel like to have it reviewed.