View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 01:14 PM
quiltmaker101

I am a fabriholic too, and proud of it! It keeps me out of trouble otherwise! Husbands have to realize that we aren't out gambling, drinking, going to the spa, etc. We are being creative at home!! And we make useful things with our talents!

I started my stash with a few specific quilts I wanted to make. I bought more than I needed so that I could make up my mind at home. Then I started buying fabrics I just couldn't live without. And fabrics that were marked down too low to pass on. And fabrics I might need some day, and...

You know the fabric will be gone if you go back for more later!!!

I now buy the "must haves" in at least yard and half cuts. Sometimes 3 yards. I wish I could buy bolts, but the budget can only stretch so far.

Fabrics I bought several years ago are still appearing in new quilts. That makes me smile. I remember buying them and think how useful they have been.

I read in my first quilt book: If you like it buy it. If you really like it, buy as much as you can afford. It won't be there when you go back!! Take these words to heart, and hope they never do find a cure for fabriholicism! :wink: