View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 01:15 PM
mimisharon

I am a fabriholic and I'm proud of it. No shame here, I enjoy touching it, washing it, and making things out of it. I, like Patrice the sister I've never met in person, I started very young........9 yo. I kept every scrap and willingly admit that I don't like throwing anything away. I have my bed frame on those rizers with tubs of fabric under it, I have drawer bins, I have baskets on shelves around the ceilings of two of my bedrooms and I use then replenish. I don't like empty shelves, my husband never ever said a word about the fabrics or threads when he could talk, because he liked what I do with a sewing machine. lol Now he can't talk he touches it and shakes his head yes at me.

I've learned to toss the itty bitty scraps, I break them down to two or three thread and put them in my mulch bed, the birds and worms love them, they help to hold the moisture in the mulch bin and they are pretty peeking out of my flower beds for the birds to put in nests.

I probably could make at least 5 queen size scrap quilts and maybe I will live long enough to do that as soon as I get back from my LQS with the next to last purchase...........for the week. I buy what speaks to me, I buy what is requested by friends for their own special project, I buy the bright and beautiful, the classy and the common, but worse..............hanging head in shame, I subscribe to a lot of magazines that mostly all have little stickie note markers on pages of projects I want to work up.

This fabriholic doesn't have time for meetings, I MUST work up some of my fabric and buy buy more. I'm doing my part for the economy. Someone send me the notes on tape so I can listen while I'm sewing???
:? :roll: