View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Central Ohio Quilter

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
Originally Posted by seabolt22
Do nonsmokers have no habits that offend others??? Use a little kindness toward each other. None of us are without faults.
Offending is one thing, but causing a possible life-threatening asthma attack to another person is something else indeed!
not arguing with anyone - this is a true question but can the smell of the smoke on clothes alone cause an asthma attack?

I know that there are a lot of places I go - church; airports; and such where the perfumes are so heavy that I get a searing headache but I didn't think it could cause an asthma attack in and of itself??? If it does - are there other strong smells that can set it off?
It sure can for me! As well as perfume, deodorant, hairspray, any household cleaning supplies, smell of some flowers, freshly cut grass, campfire smoke, and many other things. It doesn't even have to be a "strong" smell. Sometimes even a small whiff is enough to trigger an asthma attack.

I have had to go find another line in a grocery store if I catch just the hint of an odor of smoke or perfume on the person in front of me.

Sorry, I did not mean to sound argumentative either.